Are You Ready?
The LDS Homeschool Conference is only a few days away!
August 21, 22, 2015
This email is your registration to the LDS Homeschool Conference! Because you received this email your name is on the register. You will pick up your name tag at registration on Friday morning, which serves as your ticket into the classes.
How to Get the Most out of Your Experience:
Click Here to see the video
What you can do to prepare:
One thing that sets up apart from other conferences is our yearly theme, this years theme is:
"If you understand the great plan of happiness and follow it,
what goes on in the world will not determine your happiness.” — Boyd K. Packer
If you haven’t already, we invite you to read or listen to President Boyd K. Packer’s talk called "The Great Plan of Happiness". He asked us all "to prepare a brief synopsis or overview of the plan of happiness—the plan of salvation. Design it as a framework on which your students can organize the truths you will share with them." We invite all LDS Homeschoolers everywhere to do the same! Read more here.
What you can expect:
* Great Venue. The classrooms are close together, the halls are wide and the vendor hall is close and it is all on one level. South Towne Expo Center is centralized, easy to find, and has free parking.
* Great and amazing Presenters ranging from parenting skills and traveling with your family to the nuts and bolts of homeschooling and rejuvenating your soul. Our presenters are all focusing on the Plan of Happiness and how the knowledge of it brings us more happiness in our lives. See the line up here.
* The Vendor Hall is exactly that, a hallway filled with great educational choices. There will also be scheduled times for the vendors to present their product or service on a vendor stage. See the sponsors and vendors here.
* Time to visit with friends and meet new people. There is scheduled time to visit the vendors and with each other. We want you to have a positive experience and to be able to receive the inspiration you need for your family whether it comes from a speaker, workshop, vendor or visiting with a stranger.
* Uplifting Music will be played during the conference.
* Great Youth Conference with many new, exciting and learning games. Plus great presenters, simulations, activities, and more games. The flag game is already the talk of the town with the youth committee. We are all excited about it. See more about the youth conference, art display and dance here.
What to bring:
* A jacket, as the rooms may get cool. Layers work well.
* Pencil and paper to take notes and other information
We follow the church standards of dressing modestly. No tank tops, low cut shirts or short shorts. Follow the rule of thumb: Cover your shoulders, chest, midriff and knees and everything in between.
Our conference and classes are designed for 12 years old and older. We ask that we not bring younger children or babies as we are recording the classes, please be considerate and take your baby out if he is making noises.
Who else do you want to see there?
There is always someone you can think of that you would like to see at the conference or someone you’d like to visit with. Below is a picture you can post on your wall, your friends wall, or email them and invite them to join you. Be sure to add the link, http://www.centerpointconferences.com/register.html, to your picture.